I'll get back to the Israel journal tomorrow. I've been busy for the last couple of days.
Do you remember the cool house when you were a kid? That's the house that everyone wanted to hang out at, had the coolest toys/activities, and the parents were quite tolerable of a huge group of kids being at their house.
Well, I felt like my house was the cool house yesterday. And I'm not the kid anymore! I kept the kiddos of a friend of mine because her regular babysitter had her own sick child. Then another friend needed to go to the hospital for her friend who was having a baby. In all we had five kiddos running around this place yesterday - ages 5, 4, 2, 2, 2! And I loved it! The kids got along so famously that I could get some of my house cleaning done while all of them were here. Now I know better than to think that if all of these kids were my own (three two-year olds!) that they would have gotten along that well. There are days when my two boys fight all day long (though they are pretty few and far between). But I'm not letting that fact spoil my joy from yesterday. I have the cool house. Awesome!
I hope I can keep this up through the teen years. See, growing up, my parents had one of the cool houses. People wanted to hang out at our house. I know that was intentional on my parents' part. They figured that they could keep a really good eye on us if we were at home with all our friends over! I am very appreciative of them putting such a priority on their relationship with us. I believe that it has made a world of difference for me now. I can't even begin to imagine the grocery budget for such an endeavor. Maybe we should start saving now! Regardless, I love that my home was a warm place yesterday and that the kids felt so comfortable here. I got a warm fuzzy!
3 comments:
That is awesome! Our house was like that as well - more so in our teenage years. If someone knocked at our door we knew it was (more than likely) someone trying to sell something - My parents had an open door policy and while at times I think my mom got frustrated with it - I loved it!!! Yay for having the "cool house"!!!
I have been thinking of this a lot lately, now that Hayden is starting to venture out into the world of having friends outside of his brothers! He goes on the playground and plays with kids I don't know. I make sure they always feel welcome to play with our toys and when summer comes, I'll be sure to keep a TON of those cheap ice pops! Those are always a hit!
I always want to have the cool house too, but I don't know if I have the patience for all the kids running around! Once in a while though, even I can handle it!
Post a Comment