3/13/2009

12 days...

...until the movers come.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time visiting Hubs and the rest of our family. It was a lot of ground to cover in 10 days, but well worth it.

During the week we were in Florida, three different prayer requests of ours were answered!
#1 - We got a house on post!!! And it's available upon our arrival!!! WOOHOO!!! (I'm excited about that one.)
#2 - Gator will be able to join his new classmates to finish out their Kindergarten year together before moving on to 1st grade with them. I'm so thankful that the teacher and principal are willing to work with us on this. I think it will make 1st grade so much easier!
#3 - We have a family to rent our home. We've been working on this for a while. The best part is that we know they're good peeps - it's our youth minister and his family!

The things I have managed to accomplish:
#1 - All pictures are in their appropriate photo albums, and we are caught up to the current month of March 2009. I'm not sure this has ever happened before now.
#2 - Cleaned out the shed, the guest room and the attic (almost). I soooooo need to have a garage sale, but that will have to wait. I wonder if they have garage sales in Kansas.
#3 - My house is a wreck right now and I am NOT happy about it. Gator and Bull are enjoying all of their old toys newly discovered after a hiatus in the attic (see #2).
#4 - Turning 31. I had the privilege of hosting my last guests (my parents, my sister and my niece) in this house over last weekend to help me celebrate.


Other things that are miscellaneous in nature, but still worth mentioning:
#1 - Hubs and I will have a nephew at the end of the summer (his sister is pregnant)!
#2 - Hubs and I will have another niece/nephew around Labor Day (my sister is pregnant)!
#3 - I LOVE being an aunt! And now I get two more to dote on!
#4 - Bull hit his head on the corner of the table last night. I had a flashback of this and totally flipped out for a few minutes. He's fine now. Whew!
#5 - I interviewed Gator the other night in hopes of getting a whole blog post out of it. Notsomuch. BUT when I asked him what my job was, he said "taking care of us." Awwww. He also said that when nobody's around I like to clean, my favorite place to go is Wal-Mart, and something we do together is take stuff down from the attic (see #2 in previous list). Apparently I need a life.
#6 - This is a fun site! You can take a quick quiz and find out your design style.
Here are my results (which shouldn't surprise a single person who has seen my house):
60% Traditional Country: Even if your backyard isn't acres of farmland and you don't actually have a cow out in the barn, your house sure brings you back to a time when that was the case for many. You love spaces that feel casual and lived in. Furniture is practical and comfortable, and yet at the same time its very stylish. The best part of country style is how much it highlights collection and found objects. Antiques here, garage sale finds there and Aunt Milly's hand-me-downs throughout. Unique items that used to serve very practical purposes are now on display, and their history seems to permeate the home. Each space in the home seems to invite friends and family to come in and stay a while. There is a true sense of home felt throughout.
40% Classic: What's old is new again! The beauty of Classic style is how well it takes all of the beautiful forms, colors and textures of the past and reinvents them in a way that feels both fresh and inspired. The style itself is a mix of European influences and French, English and Italian antiques and replicas are often used together. Furniture is well proportioned and comfortable and the rooms give off an air of sophistication and grace. Oil paintings depicting still-life or nature scenes and emphasizing symmetry of pairs helps maintain the traditional nature of the room. Windows are often covered with opulent fabric shades and/or drapery.
Traditional rooms give off an air of history that seems to say "I was here long before you, and will remain long after you've gone." And yet, even with this level of sophistication, the rooms are soft and inviting.


OK ... that's all for now. Such a random post. Congrats for making it through!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So much going on in your world girl - and so much to comment on - but *yawn* I'm tired so I'll just say PRAISE THE LORD b/c it's all good!!! Love ya and we'll miss you!

Making A Way said...

Yay, Yay, Yay, and Yay some more. All good news and I'm so glad to hear it. I'll still be thinking of you and praying for you. Good job cuz!

Kristy said...

Oh, I am going to miss you so much!!!!

I'll go take the quiz and see what my decorating style is. I have no idea what mine will be. Other than liking things neat, I don't know exactly WHAT style I am!