10/02/2009

Gator's Baptism

Since Gator decided to follow Christ back in January, we have been trying to figure out a time for him to be baptized. Hubs left the day after Gator's decision to attend Chaplain Basic Officer Leadership Course in SC. Then we moved here. Then I found out I was pregnant. Then I got really sick. Then we had to decide on a church home.
Finally, all of the details were worked out and Gator could get baptized. Sunday was the day! This was Hubs first baptism. I think it is pretty cool that he got to baptize his son! He also got to baptize a good friend of ours from LA whom Hubs has been discipling.
The water was very cold. Gator did really well though. I was very proud of him for following Christ's example and publicly acknowledging his decision to follow Christ.
What a blessing!
Buried with Christ in death, raised to walk in newness of life...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Awesome. We are smiling today at well, a few days ago!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, just amazing!

Unknown said...

So proud of him. Wish we could have been there. Love you Gator!

Kristy said...

That is so sweet! That couldn't have been more perfect - for either of them!
Congratulations.