As controversial as this subject may be, your child's health and future are worth the exploration. There has been a flurry of coverage lately due to the release of Jenny McCarthy's new book, Louder Than Words. McCarthy's son, Evan was diganosed with autism at the age of two. Through treatment Evan, now five, is functioning normally.
Here are some interesting links:
Talk About Curing Autism Website: http://tacanow.org
Useful guidelines to follow when getting vaccinations: http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/medical/danprotocol.htm and http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/vaccines/vrules.htm
Alternative vaccination schedule:
http://www.generationrescue.org/pdf/user_friendly.pdf
Take control of your health care and the health care of your family. Don't be un-educated! And don't be bullied. You are your child's best advocate.
4 comments:
so, what do you think about the research that links vaccines to causing autism?
I think that there is too much anecdotal evidence to ignore the possibility of a link, even though the CDC denies its existence. I have a friend who is convinced that her son has autism because of the vaccines he got at age two. They have video to prove it. Before, he was totally normal, after, he was classic autism (he has since recovered through diet and other treatments). Also, there's no evidence to link teething with fever, diarrhea, and a runny nose. But ask any mom and she'll say that there is most definitely a link. I think that the best thing for parents to do is to get both sides of the story. And if you have a child who is immunodeficient, was a preemie, or is just recovering from a cold or other infection, don't do the vaccines as scheduled! You can spread them out over a longer period of time, and significantly decrease the risk of a bad reaction. Doctors and the CDC need to do comprehensive long-term studies to prove this one way or another.
good to know! I have an autoimmune disorder and it makes you wonder. thanks!
Hey...I'm glad to see your thoughts on this. We (my husband and I) decided to hold off on vaccinating our boys. My brother in law is a chiropractor and had lots of great stuff for us to read. We reached our own conclusions and though we get wierd looks from our pediatrician at times, I am OK with what we've done. Especially with our middle son who was a preemie (9 weeks early). He had enough to deal with!
On another note, I'm glad you got to see your hubby. I'm excited for Monty to get back, we've missed him. But, on the other hand we've really been doing well. We keep busy and I've even lost 16 pounds. (woo hoo!)
I also like the title of your blog...from Proverbs 31 right?
Post a Comment